One of the many things Paul learned from his mentor and well-known Eau Claire real estate attorney, Dave Anderson, is how to treat clients with respect by providing workable solutions and navigating existing and potential future road blocks in each transaction.
He represents businesses and individuals throughout the state of Wisconsin in a wide variety of business transactional matters, with an emphasis on real estate development, leasing, land use, mergers and acquisitions, and business entity formation.
Recent engagements include:
- Negotiated several cell tower leases, easements and option agreements, on behalf of land owners and municipalities, with national providers and third-party acquisition companies
- Negotiated a “big box” lease with a national tenant on behalf of client resulting in a lease that was protective and beneficial to all involved parties
- Negotiated with regional and national hotel and restaurant franchises to assist clients with both franchise startup and expansion opportunities
- Represented a physicians’ group in their $12.4 million sale of MRI equipment to a national hospital organization
- Played important legal role in the development of Eau Claire’s $78 million Confluence Project, which consists of a $35 million mixed use building and a $45 million performing arts center, by assisting with land acquisition and structuring of the development company and ownership entities, negotiating and drafting condominium documents and municipal development agreements, reviewing construction documents, and helping review and select appropriate funding sources for the project.
- Assisted with the sale of municipally and privately held nursing homes and assisted living facilities
- Represented national and local sand mining companies, as well as individual landowners, with the purchase, sale, acquisitions, negotiation of royalty and other structured payment options
- Represents numerous condominium associations and assists them with both formation of condominiums and updates to existing condominium declarations, bylaws and plat maps
- Currently working with local university foundation to assist with the land acquisition and development of a new collaborative student recreational facility and event center
- Advised a credit union client on compliance with the newly issued regulations under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act
An Eau Claire-native, Paul invests time with a nonprofit company he helped found, Eau Claire Events, Inc., which annually puts on the Eau Claire Triathlon, a sprint distance triathlon. Proceeds from each year’s event are donated to local charities and other nonprofit causes benefitting the Eau Claire community.