Chris started his career as a CPA working at a public accounting firm. His background brings a dollars and cents approach to his business law practice, especially when providing counsel on the myriad of issues facing business owners.
He routinely educates clients on the tax implications of their business and real estate transactions, and believes in identifying solutions that are thought out and comprehensive. At Ruder Ware, he practices in the areas of business and commercial law including mergers and acquisitions, creditor’s rights, and general business law, as well as residential and commercial real estate development and condominium law. In addition, Chris works with banks and financial institutions in connection with secured loan documentation and the collection and workouts of problem loans. Recent transactions have included:
- Representing the majority owner of an agricultural business in designing and implementing a succession plan for his operating company and related real estate holding company.
- Representing a manufacturing company and its shareholders in the sale of the business assets to a private equity firm.
- Drafting a suite of standardized construction loan documents for a financial institution to limit exposure to potential lender liability claims.
- Representing a bank with respect to the negotiation and drafting of a forbearance agreement for a group of affiliated borrowers in the manufacturing industry.
- Representing a manufacturer in securing a development agreement with a municipality that includes incentive financing relating to the construction of a new manufacturing facility.
- Representing a residential real estate developer in negotiating and documenting the merger of two existing condominium developments.
When not in the office, Chris can be found playing baseball, basketball, or fishing with his three boys.
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Wisconsin High School Mock Trial – Coach and Tournament Judge
- The Einstein Project – Board Member/Treasurer
- The Children’s Museum of Green Bay – Board Member (2023-present)
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- Village of Bellevue – Park Commission Member
- Green Bay Area Chamber of Commerce – Leadership Green Bay Program
- New North, Inc. – Board Member (2020-2023)