By Matthew D. Rowe
May 12, 2014
Ruder Ware is launching a new blog, Ruder Ware Banking & Financial Matters, which will have posts prepared by members of Ruder Ware’s Banking & Financial Institutions Focus Team. Our attorneys handle a wide variety of matters for banks and other financial institution clients, and we plan to publish legal updates focused on the issues most relevant to these clients. We understand how easy it is to be inundated by news these days, so we plan to sort through the information that we believe will have a direct impact on our banking and financial institution clients and post articles that are both timely and relevant. Like many bloggers, we may even try to have some fun while we’re at it.
For those of you who may not be familiar Ruder Ware, our Banking & Financial Institutions Focus Team is comprised of attorneys who work extensively with banks and other financial institution clients in a variety of areas, including the following:
- Negotiating secured and unsecured financing transactions on behalf of commercial lenders, including transactions involving syndicate lending and agency relationships
- Drafting loan and credit agreements, security agreements, mortgages, and other collateral instruments; notes, intercreditor and subordination agreements; participation agreements; and collateral agency and collateral trust agreements
- Representing state and national banks and bank holding companies, as well as other financial institutions, before state and federal bank regulators to obtain regulatory approval for branch expansion and in connection with other regulatory issues
- Handling bank and bank holding company formations, acquisitions, and sales, as well as bank and bank holding company merger and other change-of-control transactions
- Counseling financial institution clients regarding new facility development and related matters requiring regulatory approval
- Assisting financial institution clients with developing loan underwriting policies and loan documentation policies to comply with safe and sound banking practices mandated by state and federal bank regulators
- Providing legal advice to financial institution clients regarding capital infusion transactions, as well as structuring and implementing shareholder buyouts
- Drafting and obtaining regulatory approval for voting trust agreements and shareholder agreements involving financial institutions
- Negotiating and documenting bank holding company loans
- Providing regulatory interaction with and representation before the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Federal Reserve Board of Governors, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, and the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions
- Addressing employment and employee benefit issues affecting financial institutions, including executive employment and noncompete agreements and nonqualified deferred compensation programs
- Representing secured and unsecured lenders and other creditors in Chapter 7, Chapter 11, and other bankruptcy court proceedings as well as in prepetition negotiations and other types of insolvency proceedings
- Representing creditors’ committees and handling assignments for the benefit of creditors
- Advising lenders with respect to workouts and restructurings outside of bankruptcy
We hope you enjoy Ruder Ware’s Banking & Financial Matters Blog, and we welcome your feedback and topic ideas.
The content in the following blog posts is based upon the state of the law at the time of its original publication. As legal developments change quickly, the content in these blog posts may not remain accurate as laws change over time. None of the information contained in these publications is intended as legal advice or opinion relative to specific matters, facts, situations, or issues. You should not act upon the information in these blog posts without discussing your specific situation with legal counsel.
© 2020 Ruder Ware, L.L.S.C. Accurate reproduction with acknowledgment granted. All rights reserved.