Posted: October 5, 2021
Ruder Ware Law Firm, a continuously growing business law firm with offices in Wausau, Eau Claire, and Green Bay is looking for a skilled Accounting Clerk to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks. Accounting Clerk responsibilities include keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements. You will run accounting software programs to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts. You will also assist in collections and preparation of the annual budget. Ultimately, a successful Accounting Clerk will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sort and separate all department mail on a daily basis.
- Basic understanding of the Firm’s general ledger and expense coding.
- Coordinate and manage the accurate processing of all accounts payable invoices to include; coding, vendor statement reconciliation, data entry for payment processing, and weekly check runs.
- Process all expense reimbursements including; verifying client charges, expense receipts based on the Firm’s Travel and Entertainment Expense Reimbursement Policy, and data entry for payment processing.
- Reconcile and process all firm credit card charges on a daily basis to include data entry for payment and timely payments of all firm credit cards.
- Process daily quick checks.
- Process daily cash receipts.
- Process all phases of assigned attorneys’ billing cycle; BIM (prebill) processing, draft bill edits, and final bill processing.
- Client Trust Account processing in accordance with the firm policy to include receipts and disbursements.
- Process e-billing for clients requiring bills in this format.
- Perform month-end procedures.
- Bank and general ledger reconciliations for Firm cash accounts.
- Assist in the yearly budget process.
- Collection efforts in a professional manner.
Daily Workflow Tasks
- Review and take appropriate action with regards to all incoming department mail.
- Process daily cash receipts.
- Review, code, and enter accounts payable invoices on a daily basis to include Firm credit card charges.
- Process daily draft bill edits and final bill submissions.
- Organize and prepare daily check requests.
- Perform monitoring of credit card balance and transactions and ensure timely monthly reconciliations.
- Field questions from clients and co-workers as needed.
- Assist other team members as needed.
- Miscellaneous scanning and filing.
- Miscellaneous projects as they arise.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required
- Proficient knowledge in the Microsoft Office Suite of programs and Adobe.
- Well-organized and capable of multi-tasking.
- Ability to interact and communicate with clients and co-workers in a clear and professional manner.
- Ability to work as a self-starter and as a team member to accomplish common goals of the department.
- Ability to respond promptly and professionally in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workloads and assignments.
- Ability to perform work with attention to detail to ensure correct processing.
- Ability to problem solve and think through various situations in order to handle duties efficiently during peak periods.
- Ability to read instructions and learn new office software and technology.
- Ability to tolerate and respond professionally to stress in an appropriate manner associated with a changing environment marked by frequent interruptions and multiple priorities.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to deal discretely with sensitive financial and business information and maintain strict confidentiality of such information.
- Promote teamwork and collegiality.
In addition to a competitive salary, Ruder Ware offers a complete benefit package including group health, dental, vision, short term and long term disability, basic and voluntary life insurance, a Section 125 flex benefit plan, a 401(k) profit sharing plan, and paid time off.
The Wausau office is located in the beautiful Dudley Tower downtown Wausau overlooking the Wisconsin River. The professional atmosphere of the Wausau office provides an excellent learning environment with up-to-date technology and continuous opportunities to develop your skills.
Work Experience: 1 to 2 years
Education: Associate Degree (preferred) or equivalent work experience
License: Valid Wisconsin Driver License
Job Type: Full-Time
We have placed acrylic dividers in between all of our cubicles and front desk areas. We have several hand sanitizer stations throughout the office and have increased our cleaning schedule to clean commonly touched surfaces throughout the day.
If interested in applying for this position, please e-mail a resume and any other credentials to email@example.com.
Check out our posting on Indeed.com.