IT Department Mission Statement
To provide our clients and staff with the latest and most secure technology available to increase efficiency and client satisfaction.
Our attorneys handle incredibly confidential information on a regular basis. Ruder Ware’s IT professionals are passionate and thorough in their commitment of providing and protecting data security. The methods used to protect sensitive information are constantly being monitored and upgraded. With our first word processing system installed in 1975 and our Web presence beginning in 1998, Ruder Ware has been committed to adopting the latest technologies to not only improve efficiency, but to also provide additional service to our clients.
By embracing technology, we ensure that every staff member has fast, state-of-the-art equipment. Our firm leases a vast majority of our equipment, in fact we rotate our personal computers on a regular basis. We closely watch the trends and communicate with fellow IT professionals at law firms to meet our goal of improving client service. Our Systems & Technology Committee, comprised of attorneys, paralegals, and administrative staff act as a filter to determine the technologies best suited to improving existing efficiencies and client benefits.
- Remote Access. Our attorneys and staff can access our internal systems 24 hours a day, seven days a week utilizing technologies like smartphones and Citrix. All external access is encrypted to ensure privacy.
- Document Assembly. We have the latest copying and scanning technology available for our staff. These devices are leased to ensure they are refreshed on a regular basis.
- Training. We provide training on programs and systems to ensure the highest proficiency in utilizing these resources. New staff go through a series of thorough training programs to help understand all of the tools available.
- Collaboration. We share documents internally and across our offices to ensure that we have the best available resources working on our clients’ behalf. We have a fully populated Intranet with documents ranging from human resources information to commonly used forms.
- Secure Document Delivery. Upon request, we can encrypt correspondence to ensure that information is delivered in a secure manner.
- Latest Technology. Tablet PCs, virtual server technology, fiber optic wide area networking, and IP telephony are just a few of the leading-edge technologies that we currently employ.
- Disaster Recovery. We have complete backups of our entire firm’s information in multiple locations to ensure complete recovery in the event of a natural disaster. A client’s information is safe with Ruder Ware.
- Business Continuity. We have a plan in place to ensure it is business as usual in the event of any unplanned downtime due to any number of natural- or human-caused interruptions.