Energy & Mining International.
The Midwest's frac sand industry continues to garner significant media attention. As a full-service business law firm, our attorneys are well-versed in the legal and regulatory issues that affect the frac sand mining industry, including real estate, environmental law, commercial contracts, and other transactional and litigation matters. With over 90 years of experience in these areas, we have fine-tuned our practice to represent the interest of parties engaged in frac sand mining.
Our diverse team of attorneys provides the timely counsel clients need to maximize their successful pursuits in this rapidly changing industry. We assist clients with a multitude of mining-related matters, starting with the initial exploration process and continuing through plant permitting, regulatory approvals, real estate purchase and lease transactions, commencement of mining operations, and plant operating and personnel matters.
Whatever your involvement is in the frac sand mining industry, Ruder Ware's attorneys have the experience and expertise necessary to work with you to develop strategies for and find solutions to issues you face. We have negotiated numerous royalty lease and land purchase agreements on behalf of both landowners and mining companies. We represent the United States' leading producer of silica sand, having worked hand-in-hand with the company regarding construction of the nation's largest processing plant. To expedite mining projects for the mutual benefit of all involved, we regularly work with:
- Engineering firms
- Railroad companies
- Trucking companies
- Government officials
- Municipal officials
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Title companies
- Commercial lenders
Specific areas in which our attorney team provides legal counsel include:
- Contracts unique to the frac sand mining industry, including confidentiality and exploration agreements, royalty leases, options, easements, rail siding agreements, road agreements, mining agreements with municipalities, and trucking agreements.
- Title to real estate, including mineral rights and mineral rights reservations.
- Formation of entities to carry out mining and to own real estate.
- Obtaining air quality permits, high-capacity well permits, and other permits.
- Zoning and other land use matters.
- Transportation contracts, including rail access agreements.
- Employee matters
- Reviewing environmental reports and drilling test results.
- Reviewing utility supply agreements for processing plants, including natural gas and electricity.
- Financing and plant construction matters.
- Mergers and acquisitions of mining companies.
- Litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
- Related tax and estate planning issues.
We work throughout the state and nation on frac sand matters. Ruder Ware is an independent member of Meritas®, a global alliance of 170 business law firms in 65 countries. Through this affiliation, Ruder Ware has priority access to highly skilled attorneys in numerous global markets.
Founded in 1920, as part of a full-service law firm, our attorneys provide clients with a one-stop approach to their legal needs. Ruder Ware provides business, tax, employment, municipal, estate planning, real estate, litigation and trust services through its offices in Wausau and Eau Claire. Ruder Ware, Business Attorneys for Business Success.