Ruder Ware attorneys practicing environmental litigation represent clients before state and federal agencies and administrative boards as well as in municipal, state, and federal courts in Wisconsin. Issues involve clean air and water regulations, natural resources law, brownfields redevelopment, environmental insurance claims, and toxic tort litigation in addition to other environmental issues. Representing nationally recognized corporations across various industries, real estate developers, builders, contractors, and family farms, our attorneys proactively counsel clients on environmental compliance and liabilities.
Oftentimes, environmental matters overlap into other areas of legal needs such as real estate, corporate, and tax law. As a full-service law firm, Ruder Ware adds value by providing our clients with a sophisticated breadth of services designed to meet their needs. Effective counsel includes the following:
- Air and Water Pollution Compliance and Enforcement
- Brownfields Redevelopment
- Environmental Due Diligence
- Environmental Insurance Coverage
- Water Quality Certification
- Hazardous & Solid Waste
- Cleanup Actions
- Toxic Torts
Our lead attorney practicing environmental litigation currently serves on the board of directors for the Wisconsin State Bar's Environmental Law Section and on the Executive Committee of the 2011 Wisconsin Farm Technology Days. With decades of experience in creative, results-focused problem solving, our attorney team works to achieve timely, cost-effective results for our clients.
Recently our attorneys have resolved the following matters favorably:
- Successfully resolved a contested case hearing against the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources in which our client had built a building and needed a wetlands water quality certification in order to construct a secondary driveway for safe and convenient access by its customers. We secured the right wetlands delineator for the project, had the wetlands correctly redelineated, and reached a mutually satisfactory construction design plan among the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, and our client
- Prevailed in a lawsuit between two municipalities over fire protection services contracts. The adverse party, a village, reneged on a newly negotiated fire protection services contract and sued to recover payments under the old fire service contract. Our client, a township, not only won a judgment enforcing its rights under the new contract but also was determined not to owe any money under the old contract and was entitled to collect some of its attorney fees
- Filed declaratory judgment action against the Secretary of the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources regarding a large arsenic contamination site and negotiated favorable settlement on a lump-sum, walk-away basis. For full details, follow this link.
- Negotiated an agreement with the Wisconsin Department of Transportation by which the state would make a substantial contribution for capital improvements to our client's facility in conjunction with a bridge expansion project
- Negotiated a favorable wetlands water quality certification in conjunction with a subdivision
- Negotiated insurance coverage for contaminated sediment remediation.
Founded in 1920, as part of a full-service law firm, our attorneys provide clients with a one-stop approach to their legal needs. Ruder Ware provides business, tax, employment, municipal, estate planning, real estate, litigation, and trust services through its offices in Wausau and Eau Claire. Ruder Ware, Business Attorneys for Business Success.