As business attorneys, we understand the intricacies of running a successful business. Our attorneys with advanced degrees in taxation and certifications in public accounting focus their practice on how clients can achieve their goals without optimal tax consequences. With attention to detail and a tuned-in awareness of recent developments, we work with clients on federal, state, and local tax issues and provide counsel to individuals, publicly and privately held businesses, municipalities, and charitable organizations.
Our attorneys use their knowledge and attention to detail to work diligently to resolve tax controversies at the examiner level. Sometimes their work involves negotiating offers of compromise of delinquent taxes with the Internal Revenue Service or the Wisconsin Department of Revenue. When litigation is necessary to resolve a tax matter, our attorneys can represent clients before the U.S. Tax Court, the U.S. District Court, the Wisconsin Tax Appeals Commission, and all levels of the Wisconsin court system.
Our other tax-related services include:
- Tax advice for businesses exploring mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs, leveraged buyouts, tender offers, and other transactions
- Property tax, assessments and exemptions
- Tax qualified and non-qualified deferred compensation plan design and compliance assistance
- Advice on income and payroll tax treatment of compensation and fringe benefit arrangements
- Advice on planning opportunities and pitfalls under the consolidated return regulations
- Advice on the taxation of international transactions and operations
- Structuring of pass-through entities
- Retirement planning
- Estate, gift and generation-skipping tax planning
Founded in 1920, as part of a full-service law firm, our attorneys provide clients with a one-stop approach to their legal needs. Ruder Ware provides business, tax, employment, municipal, estate planning, real estate, litigation, and trust services through its offices in Wausau and Eau Claire. Ruder Ware, Business Attorneys for Business Success.