Mergers & Acquisitions
Ruder Ware's M&A lawyers provide informed counsel to both buyers and sellers involved with all types of business sale and acquisition transactions. Representing a broad cross section of industries, including both private and publicly held companies, our attorneys have managed transactions for businesses and organizations of all sizes and types. Our attorneys work closely with management teams, investment bankers, and lenders to ensure that each transaction occurs in a timely and cost-effective manner with optimal tax results. Ruder Ware's full-service practice means that our clients have access to a diverse professional team, ensuring that each aspect of a transaction, from the environmental aspects of real estate acquisition to employee benefit plan integration, is properly handled. Services include:
- Assisting clients in sale and acquisition transactions involving either stock or assets
- Advising clients with respect to divestitures and spinoffs of subsidiaries and divisions
- Negotiating, coordinating, and properly documenting merger transactions
- Assisting clients with recapitalizations and other types of corporate restructuring transactions
- Advising clients in connection with joint venture transactions
- Counseling clients in connection with leveraged and management-led buyout transactions
- Assisting clients in negotiating and documenting ESOP buyout transactions
- Analyzing the tax aspects of various transaction structures and implementing a structure that promotes the greatest amount of available tax efficiency
- Assisting clients with the dispensation of employee benefit plans, including executive compensation agreements, both before and after completion of the transaction.
Founded in 1920, as part of a full-service law firm, our attorneys provide clients with a one-stop approach to their legal needs. Ruder Ware provides business, tax, employment, municipal, estate planning, real estate, litigation, and trust services through its offices in Wausau and Eau Claire. Ruder Ware, Business Attorneys for Business Success.