Steve Anderson focuses on helping businesses and business people solve disputes, both in court and before court is necessary. Typical disputes range from warranty/contract issues, shareholder/partnership disputes, construction/real estate issues, estate planning/fiduciary issues and tax disputes both at the state and federal level. He represents clients in state courts, federal courts, and the United States Tax Court. In addition, Steve acts as an advisor to avoid litigation where possible, often utilizing alternative dispute resolution techniques such as arbitration and mediation. Among his experiences are the following:
- Representing a corporation in a complicated claim by a shareholder which included an attempt to dissolve the corporation.
- Representing a construction company in an arbitration in which the company claimed it was owed several million dollars.
- Representing numerous shareholders in an action brought by another shareholder concerning the operation of the corporation.
- Advising many corporations on contracts and insurance issues.
- Representing a manufacturer on a claim that production equipment designed and manufactured for its facility is defective.
- Representing two partners in upholding the language in a partnership agreement covering the buyout of a departing partner.
- Representing taxpayers in a dispute with the IRS over a claim by the IRS that active investment losses were instead passive.
- Representing a taxpayer on a Trust Fund Recovery Penalty matter.
B.A., University of Minnesota - Duluth (1985)
J.D., University of Minnesota (1988)
- American Bar Association - Section Member: Litigation; Business Law
- State Bar of Wisconsin - Section Member: General Practice; Litigation
- Eau Claire County Bar Association
Admitted to Practice
Wisconsin Supreme Court
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
U.S. Tax Court
- Civil Trial Counsel of Wisconsin - Board Member (2004 - 2008)
- Commercial Law League of America - Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin - Legal Hotline Volunteer
- The Defense Research Institute, Inc.
- Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Eau Claire Chamber of Commerce - Board Member (2017 - present)
- Chippewa Valley Habitat for Humanity - Director; House Pricing Committee, Member (2006 - 2013)
- Downtown Eau Claire, Inc. - Board Member (2012 - Present)
- ERC, Inc. - Board of Directors, Treasurer (2006 - 2013)