Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Ruder Ware litigation attorneys have substantial trial and appeal experience in state and federal courts, as well as administrative proceedings, throughout the country. With decades of problem-solving experience, our litigation attorneys offer solutions to companies across numerous industries to resolve complex legal problems. Seasoned in pretrial preparation and discovery, our attorneys promote alternative dispute resolution to avoid protracted litigation costs. Ruder Ware understands the need to work with a focused litigation strategy directed toward the client's bottom-line needs. Experienced advocates for businesses, our litigators use their problem-solving skills to minimize litigation risk and implement risk-shifting strategies for your business.
Ruder Ware offers a depth and breadth of services unique to a Wisconsin law firm headquartered north of Madison. Working with both the public and private sectors, our litigation attorneys practice as part of a full-service law firm supporting clients with diverse business needs.
Services provided to nationally known corporations, locally owned businesses, nonprofit organizations, and others include:
Recent achievements include:
Obtained an insurance payment to satisfy our client's share of de minimis group liability for PCB-contaminated sediments in the Fox River.
- Represented a commercial construction contractor in multiple mediations, arbitrations, and court litigations involving disputes with owners and subcontractors.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement of multiple individual real estate professionals in an intellectual property and identity theft lawsuit.
- Successfully sued a power of attorney on behalf of a future creditor for breach of fiduciary duty, unjust enrichment, and fraudulent conveyances so as to recover
underlying debt and attorney fees.
- Obtained stipulation for no tax deficiency in U.S. Tax Court action, reversing IRS's denial of client's claimed business losses for four years of operation.
- Represented multiple employers in employment actions brought by individuals and/or the EEOC regarding disability, age, and other discrimination claims.
- Negotiated emergency water curtailment and surcharges agreement in proceeding before the Wisconsin Public Service Commission.
- Prevailed at trial and recovered damages from supplier of defective wood flooring.
- Defended client against claim of fraudulent transfer concerning the purchase of business assets and real property.
As an added service our firm offers no cost electronic legal updates to all interested business professionals.
Founded in 1920, as part of a full-service law firm, our attorneys provide clients with a one-stop approach to their legal needs. Ruder Ware provides business, tax, employment, municipal, estate planning, real estate, litigation, and trust services through its offices in Wausau and Eau Claire. Ruder Ware, Business Attorneys for Business Success.