Ruder Ware's Business Transactions practice group works with business organizations, as well as their owners and managers, assisting with the variety of transactions that arise during all phases of the business cycle. We advise clients on business organization and start-up issues, assist with corporate governance matters, represent both lenders and borrowers in connection with financing transactions, draft and negotiate commercial contracts, design executive compensation and employee benefit plans, manage intellectual property portfolios, assist with securities law compliance, and negotiate commercial real estate transactions. Our clients range from small businesses just being organized to large, publicly traded corporations. Our expertise, derived from many years of service to our business clients, allows us to anticipate and formulate solutions to the increasingly complex issues confronting businesses today. Specific areas of practice include:
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation
- Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights
- Business Organizations
- Commercial Contracts
- Corporate Finance & Securities
- Intellectual Property
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Real Estate & Construction
Some recent examples of transactional services performed by members of our Business Transactions practice group include:
- Represented a public manufacturing company in connection with a variety of significant financing and sale of asset transactions, which focused the company on a more rapidly growing market segment.
- Assisted a global relocation services company with establishing business operations in China, Singapore, and the Czech Republic, as well as compliance with requirements under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and rules issued by the U.S. Department of Treasury's Office of Foreign Asset Control.
- Represented the country's leading producer of silica sand in connection with the construction of the largest frac sand processing plant in the United States, and negotiated a wide range of royalty lease and land purchase agreements on behalf of both landowners and frac sand mining companies.
- Assisted a number of bank clients with a variety of multi-million dollar secured loan transactions, represented banks and other financial institutions in connection with complex commercial workouts and foreclosures of classified loans.
- Represented a privately held radio station ownership company in connection with the acquisition of additional radio station assets in North Dakota and Minnesota.
- Counseled numerous family owned business clients with the sale or purchase of significant business assets, including both operating assets and commercial real estate.
- Assisted physicians and physician groups, as well as hospitals and health care systems, in connection with a wide variety of health care matters, including matters involving contract negotiation, self-referral and anti-kickback issues, compliance planning, and integrated delivery system development.
Founded in 1920, as part of a full-service law firm, our attorneys provide clients with a one-stop approach to their legal needs. Ruder Ware provides business, tax, employment, municipal, estate planning, real estate, litigation and trust services through its offices in Wausau and Eau Claire. Ruder Ware, Business Attorneys for Business Success.