Stew Etten practices in the areas of commercial law, creditors' rights, mergers and acquisitions, and general business. Among his engagements are the following:
- Previously served as in-house general counsel to a $1 billion bank.
- Representation of clients in securing financing.
- Representation of financial institutions in complex loan relationships.
- Representation of financial institutions in loan workouts and bankruptcies.
- Representation of sellers and buyers in a variety of industries in acquisitions and merger transactions.
B.B.A. (with honors), University of Wisconsin - Madison (1977)
Honors: Phi Kappa Phi
J.D., University of Wisconsin - Madison (1980)
Wisconsin Law Review, Board of Editors
Admitted to Practice:
Wisconsin Supreme Court
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
American Bar Association
Section Member: Business Law
State Bar of Wisconsin
Section Member: Bankruptcy; Business Law
Marathon County Bar Association
Wausau Festival of Arts, Director (2000 - 2005)
Wausau Country Club Board Member (2000 - 2004)
Community Foundation of North Central Wisconsin
Board of Directors (2005 - 2011)
Newman Catholic Schools - Finance Committee (2002 - present)
Wheels to Work Project, Advisory Committee (2010 - present)