George Ruder's enduring philosophy of "the community allowed me to earn a living and I owe a debt of gratitude to the community" remains a central core of the firm today.
Ruder Ware's commitment to community is long-standing. Our involvement in organizations dedicated to enriching the community is an essential part of what it means to be part of Ruder Ware. Of particular note:
- Three attorneys have served as president of Wausau's Grand Theatre Foundation. In addition, our firm provided invaluable assistance with the formation of the Performing Arts Foundation, Inc. in 1972; four attorneys have served or are serving as board of director members to date.
- Three attorneys have served as president of the Wausau Region Chamber of Commerce.
- Two attorneys have served or currently serve on the Chamber board of directors for the Eau Claire Chamber of Commerce, and several other attorneys have served on Chamber committees such as Workforce Development, Young Professionals, and Leadership Eau Claire.
- A number of attorneys have worked tirelessly to invigorate and sustain the growth of our local economy through their involvement in the Marathon County Economic Development Corporation (MCDEVCO, Inc.).
- Firm attorneys have contributed professional services and support to the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum since its founding in 1976.
- Several attorneys in the Eau Claire office offer their expertise to community nonprofit organizations by serving as a board member, committee member, or by volunteering. Organizations include the Children's Museum of Eau Claire, YMCA, L.E. Phillips Senior Center, and Habitat for Humanity.
- The firm has an active history with the Community Foundation of North Central Wisconsin, Inc., whose mission is to provide the private and corporate communities with a vehicle by which they may contribute financially to the enrichment of the Wausau-area community life through the foundation's support of education, the arts, health, social services, and conservation. Our firm's support of the organization has been constant with four attorneys serving on the board since the organization's inception in 1987.
- Four attorneys have served or currently serve their local university - the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, aiding various organizations including the UW-EC Foundation, UW-EC Alumni Association, and UW-EC Board of Trustees.
- Two attorneys make helping their community a priority by serving on the United Way of Greater Eau Claire Board of Directors.
- Two of our attorneys currently serve as members and legal counsel for the Realtors Association of Northwestern Wisconsin.
- Many of our attorneys also participate in local service organizations such as Kiwanis, Rotary, and Junior Achievement.